Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Scattered Across the Globe

I just found out my best friend is going to Italy and Paris at the end of June. (this is a shout-out to her: hey Jess, my babe. have a splendid time. I know you will!) It is a lifelong dream for her, and I'm so pumpped. Seems like everyone is going abroad this summer. Another best friend is traveling to central Mexico. How cool is that. I'm really glad to see we're all getting these great opportunities. Perhaps in the near future we'll all be traveling together in our adventures around the globe. That would be extremely amazing.

Well, I got some toiletries, and talked to different people that can take care of my kitty, Madge:

So that's a good thing. Im going to try and fit everything in my bag today. I'll carry it around the house for a little while to see if I can haul it easily over there. I'm sure I'll end up re-packing several times.

You know, Jess gave me this book about all the other cultures of the world. It tells you whats acceptable etiqutte in different countries. Its so very cool. I remember Italy says something about how shoes are noticed and they show your status so you should wear nice shoes. I have lots of cool shoes I would love to bring, but shoes are hard to pack! ... and they're not exactly the lightest item of clothing. So shoes are definatley my hangup with the packing.

While I'm in Italy, so far I want to purchase a hat and shoes. Maybe even a scarf. I sold back all my books that I had left from college yesterday, and got some good spending money for Italy!! That was a nice unexpected source of mula. I took care of all outstanding busineess in College Station yesterday. Its a relief to have that done. Moving and traveling is such a shuffle, much less at the same time.

Well, I'd better get on with my day if I expect to be anywhere near ready when Italy gets here: 3 MORE DAYS!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home